Fall is approaching quickly and you know what that means — back to school fashion and back to school shopping. It is time to study up on the latest trends so you know just what you need to get your kids ready to head back into the trenches. Getting them ready with the hottest styles will not only help your kids with their confidence, but it will help get them excited to go back to school too.
Here are the latest back-to-school fashions and trends from head to toe:
Back to School Hairstyles
This fall, send your kids into the halls with the hottest hairstyles straight off the catwalk.
- Bobs: A neat and trendy bob isn’t just cute on girls of all ages, but it is the hot look of the season. Mess up that bob with some funky waves or curls, because texture is what this fall season is all about.
- Faded Spikes: The trends in men’s hair are super simple versions of a buzz cut. Spiked on top, but faded in back. Add this to the continued trend of pompadour type haircuts, and boys are set on easy to manage and great looking styles.
Tip: If you’re on a budget try making an appointment at a local cosmetology school.
Back to School Fashions
- Frills: Perfect for girlie girls, lace and frills are pretty and chic. Dress your girl to impress in delicate lace tops and frilly shorts or skirts.
- Blazers: Pretty printed blazers paired with boyfriend jeans are a hot casual look this fall, perfect for girls that prefer girly or more boyish styles.
- Hipster: The hipster look is still really in for boys, so look for skinny jeans with Converse type sneakers, fitted t-shirts, and casual jackets. Plaid and leather jackets are both hot this fall.
Tip: Sometimes girls like to buck the trends a bit, and that’s okay. Use these ideas as a guide to get started.
Back to School Supplies
- Backpacks: Metallic colors, funky neon colors and patterns, and bags printed with sassy words and phrases are what it’s all about this back to school season.
- Notebooks: Get crazy with fun prints that show off your student’s personality.
Tip: You might be able to recycle some of last years supplies. Go through what you have before making your shopping list.
Back to School Shoes
- Buckles: Multiple buckles, big buckles, little buckles, all the bucks — you name it, if it’s a buckle, it belongs on a shoe this fall season.
- Sequins: Pretty and fun, sequins are a great way to show a little sparkle this back to school season.
- Leather and Suede: From dress shoes, to dressed-up sneakers, leather and suede are the way to walk in to the halls this fall.
Tip: New shoes aren’t only important for fashion, they’re also important for good foot health.
Back to School Outerwear
- Shearling Coats: Fluffy shearling coats or leather jackets with shearling collars are awesome. This soft material will keep you all warm and stylish this fall and winter.
- Fun Colors: Jackets and sweaters in fun colors like bubblegum pink and bright neon green will make a fashion statement as well as keep them warm.
Tip: Even early in the year it’s likely your child will need a sweater because of the inside air-conditioning being turned up all the way at school.
Back to school is an exciting time. But it can be stressful if you don’t know what fashions to send your kids to school in. Parents need to know what the season’s trends are to take some of that pressure off their shoulders. Use these fashion tips to be ready for the back to school season this fall. But, remember that it’s really about what your child likes too, so give them some good choices and let them decide which back to school fashions are right for them.
One more tip: Read the school rules regarding acceptable school clothes to avoid any problems later.