Fashion is more than just the clothes that you wear; it is also the jewelry that you adorn yourself with. A plain outfit can be made fabulous with a few simple pieces of jewelry. In the fashion world, jewelry trends matter just as much as the clothes.
These are the hot jewelry styles for summer 2016 that you may want to try.
- Thin Is In: The past few seasons have been all about big statement pieces and chunky jewelry. This summer, smaller pieces have stolen the spotlight. Thin rings and delicate pieces are what this season is all about in jewelry trends.
- Stacking: While the pieces themselves may be thin, there are more of them. Everything from necklaces to rings are being stacked on, one on top of the other.
- The Exception: There’s always one exception to a rule, and this season that exception is earrings. While everything else is small and delicate, statement earrings are taking all the glory.
- Symmetry: Or, as it were, the lack there of. Asymmetric pieces are all the rage, from funky shaped pieces to mismatched earrings.
- Earth Friendly: Eco-friendly materials and sourcing is still on the rise and is hotter than ever. Not only are you looking good, but you are helping the earth.
- Rose Gold: Rose gold is hotter than the weather this season. From rings to watches and even hair accessories, rose gold’s sweet pinkish hues are shining and fantastic.
- Shades of Grey: Simple black and white pieces are sophisticated, go with almost any outfit, and are all the rage this summer. Shades of grey go well with this season’s love for all things silver and white.
- Wrist Cuffs: Worn on your wrist or forearm instead of your bicep, cuffs are making a comeback.
- Chokers: In case you think the nineties have returned, these chokers have a sophisticated and feminine edge.
- Ear Cuffs: Cuffs aren’t just for your wrists. Ear cuffs cover the top of the ear and sometimes can give the impression of multiple piercings.
- Stacked Rings: Whether on your arm, wrist, ear, or fingers- thin, stacked rings are the look of the season. You can wear stackable rings and pile them on, or look for one piece rings that give the illusion of stacking. Don’t be afraid to go all out- instead of wearing a couple rings on a few fingers, cover one finger from knuckle to tip.
- Headpieces: All over the runways and red carpets, the stars are wrapping their pretty little heads in pretty little pieces. Delicate tiaras and headbands are fun and flirty and will really turn some heads this summer.
- Bold Bags: Bright colors and patterns are what you want on your arm this summer when it comes to purses.
- Slouch: “Slouchy” material bags are also in, from clutches to purses.
Summer 2016 is all about flirty, feminine looks with a slight edge. These jewelry pieces go hand-in-hand with all of the summer clothing trends you will see this season.